Vale People First's Objectives
Vale People First is a self advocacy organisation, for and led by learning disabled people that live, work or have a connection with the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales.
Our objectives mean that we work to:
- Have a collective voice to influence decision making and change existing and future policy
- Provide forums where people can meet with their peers and talk about the services we receive
- Create a greater awareness of disability issues within the Vale Community through disability awareness training
- To empower us to participate fully in society
- To ensure that people with learning disabilities are included and participate fully within their organisation and the community
- Enable people with learning disabilities to have access to other community activities, friendships and relationships.