The village of Uchelolau -(Highlight) was built on the outskirts of the town in the late 12th Century. It was a small village with around six houses, a manor house and a church. The village was completely deserted before the mid 16th Century.
This monument is the remains of a church, and is thought to date back to the Medieval Period. The foundations of the church link back to the old village of Highlight. The church is believed to have been abandoned around 1570.